Lessons to share with my kids, pt. 2
- One day you’ll be an adult and you’ll work. Sometimes when you work you’ll have to schedule meetings with other coworkers. Sometimes the only time you can meet is over the lunch hour. If that is the case and there’s no other possible time you could reschedule, be a decent human being and provide those other coworkers with lunch. Good grief.
- Also, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever not ever clip your nails at work.
- Rewarding yourself is good. It’s something everyone should do. Try not to reward yourself with food all the time because then you might lapse into a mindset that leads you to worship food. Trust me, I know.
- Time for one of my favorite DragRace quotes: “If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell are you going to love somebody else?” Preach.
- When your parents try to teach you about spending responsibly, keeping a budget and saving, you are going to be bored and annoyed out of your mind. You will roll your eyes. You will go out and open a credit card at Express and buy a bunch of hooker clothes that you’ll hate a month later. Out of all the things I wish I had paid attention to when I was growing up, this is IT. Don’t be a dumbass. Keep a budget, save that money.
- Olives, mustard, garlic, onions, brussel sprouts, spinach. De-li-cious.