Eerie coincidence: yesterday I started reading The City of Falling Angels (by the author of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil), which is about a huge fire that destroyed an opera house in Venice. The Plaza fire happened a few hours later. I’m just a little too creeped out to continue reading it at this point.
So, I’m looking for book recommendations. I will read almost anything except Nicholas Sparks-type of shit, no offense. Oh, and I guess young adult fiction. And manga. All right, I have my limits. Have you read anything good lately?
- pocketpatrick said:It only gave me a set number of characters! I just read John Dies at the End and like it. Gave me nightmares though…
- pocketpatrick answered:I have books for you that I keep forgetting to send. At this point I’m just going to wait until you’re in town next month.
- irish-mexi answered:I really liked the handmaid’s tale by margaret atwood, love any joan didion or chuck klosterman, fault in our stars?
- christopherlg answered:The Book of Disquiet - Fernando Pessoa
- rebeccaschinsky answered:Do you like food? You will love Ruth Reichl’s memoirs.
- angelchrys answered:I always recommend the Enchanted Inc books by Shanna Swendson.
- bonjourlaura posted this